Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: "You need a dx11 capable gpu to play crysis 3"

mole486 wrote:CryTek stated quite clearly that Crysis 3 would require a DX11 compatible graphics card for the PC version.

Do I agree with it? Not really. I think they should've worked in at least DX9 support, I mean if this game can run on Xbox360 (which uses DX9), why no DX9 support for PC?

It uses the console's custom version of DX9 not the DX9 you know on the PC, they're different.
    04 Mar 2013, 10:55
  • 06 Mar 2013, 01:06

I had the exact same problem, my DX11 card would bring up the error, and found a solution that works for me. Check if you have Virtu MVP installed on your computer. If it's running, there is a icon in the taskbar tray. If you disable it or uninstall it, that instantly fixed the error for me. :)

(Many new computers come with Virtu on their motherboard or graphics card so its worth a check.)
    06 Mar 2013, 10:28

Hello .
    Do you know me ?
    guess what , i'm from IRAN , and when i saw your site , i joined your site
    i hope i be a good friend for U
    i have the same problem az u have . didn't u find any way for it ?
    my pc information is :
    CPU : 3.2
    NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT
    Ram : 2 Gig
    --------------------------------------
    and this is my Yahoo ID : ( Please Add ME )
    Damonsalvatore1376@yahoo.com
    07 Mar 2013, 09:15

Stefinator, In response to how to set the game to use the Nvidia processer:

1) open the Nvidia control panel
    2) choose "manage 3d settings" in the righthand bar
    3) choose the "program settings" tab
    4) select the .exe file for the open beta as the program to customize (mine was located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Crysis 3 MP Open Beta\bin32)
    5) choose "high performance nvidia processer" under the "select graphics processer" pulldown

That should do it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robkabob14 may u say the final step again ? because i don't see "high performance nvidia processer" under the "select graphics processer"
    may u help me ? i use PC - here's my PC Information
    http://s3.picofile.com/file/7679716876/ ... 125244.png
    07 Mar 2013, 14:35
  • 07 Mar 2013, 17:56
  • 09 Mar 2013, 19:47
  • 10 Mar 2013, 21:58

Hi...I have the same problem :D I have Nvidia 9500GT and also it support DX11 and I updated my GPU to last version but the err is coming again(you need dx11 capable gpu to play crysis3)...how can i fix it ?!?!
    21 Mar 2013, 12:34

I have a GTX760 I7 Windows 7 64Bit and I get the error. My GPU does support DX11. Whats more I can get it to run after reinstalling my graphics driver but I think you will agree this is a little tedious.
    24 Nov 2013, 05:21

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence