Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: BETA is not garanteed to Anyone, pls Read

I see yet another requst regarding Beta info, and thought it may just be a fitting time to point out a quote from a fellow long time gamer, he points out that just a few short yeras ago, Beta was only for a select few.

I know while some of us hope to be given the chance to Test the Beta for Crysis 2,

Many think its their right and so demand it as we have seen in here. this is what that fellow gamer says.

"I think it would be good to remember the following: "

- BETA means it has bugs, issues, glitches and things that need to be addressed

- BETA means that a developer has trusted you to offer assistance to make a better game

- BETA does not mean that the decisions of the story and core functionality are yours to dictate

- BETA access is a gift, free game time you havent paid for in most cases, act like it.

- BETA access comes with a responsibility to make constructive adult commentary pointing out not only what is wrong but what might make it better (if your complaint isnt followed by a possible solution, youre wrong)
    29 Jul 2010, 23:46
  • 29 Jul 2010, 23:59
  • Subject: Good post Guss

Good post Guss agreed.

@losangeles

Get over yourself.
    30 Jul 2010, 00:02
  • Subject: [quote]shut

[quote]shut up..........[/quote]Further quote just for you.

The bottom line here will be that all the unproductive name calling, immature swearing, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory advocation and flat out childish and rude commentary some of you will place on this and other forums only pushes the industry to find ways to limit the exposure of future games.

You are not entitled to have access, you are not guaranteed anything and frankly as a business EA/Crytek and other game companies don't OWE you beta access.

Game on :D
    30 Jul 2010, 00:14
  • Subject: [quote][quote]shut

[quote][quote]shut up..........[/quote]

The bottom line here will be that all the unproductive name calling, immature swearing, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory advocation and flat out childish and rude commentary some of you will place on this and other forums only pushes the industry to find ways to limit the exposure of future games.

You are not entitled to have access, you are not guaranteed anything and frankly as a business EA/Crytek and other game companies don't OWE you beta access.

Game on :D[/quote]

Sometimes the truth hurts, Guss600. =)

Hehe
    30 Jul 2010, 00:21
  • 30 Jul 2010, 00:25
  • 30 Jul 2010, 00:28
  • Subject: Wish I could take the credit

Wish I could take the credit for that deftly composed statement, I only quote a fellow gamer,
    Though I stand by it,
    And it is quite relevant, :-)
    30 Jul 2010, 00:39
  • Subject: I totally agree Crytek doesnt

I totally agree Crytek doesnt have to guarantee a beta to anyone but it would be nice for them to give it to the promised first week signups they said they would give it to.
    30 Jul 2010, 00:40
  • Subject: The beta is a win win

The beta is a win win situation for whoever gets it.

The developer gives us an early copy of the game, while its in its "finishing touches" stage, or beta, and we help the developers out by reporting what went wrong while we are playing.

You are not entitled to a beta, and frankly an open beta seems kind of silly to me unless you dont have a demo of the game released. A game beta is just a way for the company to improve its game before launch, and you are expected to report bugs, glitches, and imbalanced while you play the beta. The beta is not like a demo, where you try the game out and see if you like it or not (for some reason a lot of people think this). A beta is meant for the respectful fans of the series to take a part in the development process and help the company improve its game before it is launched.

If you dont get a beta key, there is a quite simple explanation: The company feels that they have enough testers to find all of the big bugs and glitches. While everyone would like a beta key of course, it is simply not going to happen, unless it is made "open" to the public.

My $0.02
    30 Jul 2010, 00:54

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence