Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: Players Wanted!!

xcrimsondawnx wrote:What ping are you booting players at? I keep trying to play but get kicked for high ping :(

Ping kick is set for 300ms.
    31 Jan 2012, 03:56

and whats the average ping? i mean like if u look for servers in mp, u can see one server shows ping of 125 the other 110, someother 200, worst i saw was over 400 an austrian server.
    31 Jan 2012, 04:30

Sn1perTurk0 wrote:and whats the average ping? i mean like if u look for servers in mp, u can see one server shows ping of 125 the other 110, someother 200, worst i saw was over 400 an austrian server.

The server browser is not an accurate measurement of ping time. All that does is show the ping time of the server to the GameSpy server collecting the data.

When I manually ping the stats server that collects the data, I get an average ping time of 130ms.

I have players from all over the world that connect to my servers. Some get great pings from as far as Russia, the UK, Germany, France and plenty of other countries. It all depends on your service provider, how fast YOUR connection is and what pipe and routes they are using.
    31 Jan 2012, 04:38

aw3s0m0 wrote:Oh I c, maybe pistol only server wont be too popular.
    I want to work on noob weapons/modules for Skill Assessments but its not fun using em against best weapon/modules combos :(

Kill Factory servers comes up ~360ping on Server Browser but I got 280ping on ur server #8 when I just tried it.
    Btw which server #s are the ranked ones?

Unfortunately, NONE are ranked right now because getting in touch with EA to get ranked servers set up is harder than walking into the CIA data center.
    31 Jan 2012, 04:54

aw3s0m0 wrote:Kill Factory servers comes up ~360ping on Server Browser but I got 280ping on ur server #8 when I just tried it.

If too many players are having connection issues because of the ping limits, I can relax them some, but I don't want to raise it too much because it does impact server performance and creates ping lag problems in game.
    31 Jan 2012, 04:59

aw3s0m0 wrote:Doh, probably cos they are all too busy working on Crysis 2 patch 2.0

That is highly unlikely. I'm sure Crytek is in agreement with EA for so many games to be released through them. Crysis 2 probably fell short in terms of development time so it was rushed to market before it was ready. I'm sure some bottom line somewhere paints a clear picture on why they did not do more to fix bugs in Crysis 2. Now, in an effort to not hemorrhage more money on a title that isn't bringing in more profits, Crytek is solely focusing it's efforts on the next Crysis installment that it owes EA instead of wasting resources on fixing Crysis 2.

Just my $2c.
    31 Jan 2012, 05:06

glad to see you hosting pgl maps.
    dust remake is kinda shatty but italy is amazing especialy if you've got a full server.
    31 Jan 2012, 05:37

spiitfiire wrote:glad to see you hosting pgl maps.
    dust remake is kinda shatty but italy is amazing especialy if you've got a full server.

Full servers is what I'm hoping for! Unfortunately, tonight seems to be the quietest night EVER on Crysis 2 servers. Must have something to do with it being Monday night.
    31 Jan 2012, 05:51

EVGASkydive wrote:
    aw3s0m0 wrote:Kill Factory servers comes up ~360ping on Server Browser but I got 280ping on ur server #8 when I just tried it.

If too many players are having connection issues because of the ping limits, I can relax them some, but I don't want to raise it too much because it does impact server performance and creates ping lag problems in game.

I wouldn't mind :).
    My problem seems to be that my ping changes whilst in-game.
    I have managed to play a few rounds, then all of a sudden get kicked half way through a round.
    Happened to be doing quite well the last time too :(.
    31 Jan 2012, 09:25

xcrimsondawnx wrote:
    EVGASkydive wrote:

I wouldn't mind :).
    My problem seems to be that my ping changes whilst in-game.
    I have managed to play a few rounds, then all of a sudden get kicked half way through a round.
    Happened to be doing quite well the last time too :(.

Okay, I will try relaxing the ping limit to 400ms.
    31 Jan 2012, 12:41

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence