Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: Crytex make the DLC free to revive Crysis2 popularity.

Willertz wrote:Who the hell is CryTec? The futuristic sub-company of CryTek?

pan.smajl wrote:Haha, EPIC FAIL. Next time you'll try to sound smart, check the correct name of company - Crytek!

Two people, who didn't got the joke. *Makes a note*
    25 May 2011, 11:26
  • Subject: Re: Crytex make the DLC free to revive Crysis2 popularity.

Bindal wrote:
    Willertz wrote:Who the hell is CryTec? The futuristic sub-company of CryTek?

pan.smajl wrote:Haha, EPIC FAIL. Next time you'll try to sound smart, check the correct name of company - Crytek!

Two people, who didn't got the joke. *Makes a note*

You mean you where tryin to be funny?........... -_________________________-

outcast
    25 May 2011, 11:34
  • 26 May 2011, 08:34
  • 26 May 2011, 09:50
  • 26 May 2011, 10:20
  • Subject: Re: Crytek make the DLC free to revive Crysis2 popularity.

It would be nice if they made it free, besides, mappacks as paid DLC is flawed because it divides the playerbase, those who didn't pay get kicked off the server whilst the one who did pay suffer with low populations who brought the DLC in the first place.

My design method wouldn't be to make maps and shared content free, but the perky additions like modules and weapon DLCs. They wouldn't surpass the strongest free weapons and modules in terms of overall effectiveness, but would give you advantages that the free players wouldn't. Gameplay DLC is a bit of a dangerous game in terms of balance, since people will BITCH immensely if you nerf things you paid for, but if done right would at least mean players with paid DLC weapons and modules could play with those who don't and doesn't divide the community.
    26 May 2011, 12:01

It wouldn't be fair on those that paid if they made the DLC free. Best option IMO would be to have a sale promotion, maybe in a few weeks time - discounting the DLC to half-price.

I think at the moment it is overpriced. Plus the payment methods aren't ideal. If there is a promotion and they have a Paypal option in place I would definitely buy. At the moment there are not enough servers with the maps in rotation to make it worth £8. A promotion would benefit those that have paid also, giving them more opportunities to play the maps with their experience advantage in place.
    26 May 2011, 13:06

Most of the bugs that seem to be prominent are getting fixed. I don't see a big deal not shelling out 9.99 bucks for four pretty awesome maps.
    The small fee of 2,50$ for a map that you spend lots of hours on is not really worth discussing for me.
    26 May 2011, 13:22

MLT-THOR wrote:Most of the bugs that seem to be prominent are getting fixed. I don't see a big deal not shelling out 9.99 bucks for four pretty awesome maps.
    The small fee of 2,50$ for a map that you spend lots of hours on is not really worth discussing for me.

i think its worth, i bought the game, i like it, and there are just a few maps, so whats my option

if paypal is added ill buy it.
    26 May 2011, 15:43
  • 26 May 2011, 17:46

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence