Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 2 Multi GPU support causes insane flickering.

Consider yourself lucky. You either have some magical hardware/driver combo or your simply immune to flicker (there are those that it doesn't bother).

"Flicker" has nothing to do with smoothness. The game literally flashes at 30 Hz over-top of a smooth framerate. Disabling vsync makes it worse.
    24 Mar 2011, 10:43
  • 24 Mar 2011, 10:44

Hi there, thanks for posting the vid in the OP, it's handy to have that kind of information.

We are aware of this issue and are working towards resolving it ASAP so that you can enjoy the huge SLI frame rates!

In the mean time, i believe it will work if you disable SLI/CF? Can you confirm this is the case?

Thanks!
    24 Mar 2011, 10:51

Hey Cry-Adam!

It's confirmed all over that disabling CFX or SLI "fixes" the problem.
    So is it true? Did that $2M from nvidia go towards a DX11 patch that will hobble AMD cards and make SLI look like GOD? You guys are so cool. Maybe Seagate can cough up some dough to make it run like crap if somone has a Western Digital drive!! :)

"Seagate, the Crysis 2 Gamer's Hard Drive of Choice!"
    24 Mar 2011, 10:53

Cry-Adam

Disabling multi gpu - solves the problems, that was admitted many times, so its true. Can you say please, when we can wait for patch realise?

hmizer

I don't think any one will admit it, we'll see everything later. But what can I say as ati user (5870 cross), that I'll be happy if amd would pay someone to improve performance on their vga (I trully believe, that if NV pays someone - they did it not to lower fps on ati, but to make higher fps on NV). Blaming NV because they care about their customers - is not right, at least that my imho.
    24 Mar 2011, 11:03

PaRaR0X: I totally disagree. Even now you can hack hybrid PhysX (ATI GPU with NV for PhysX) but NV broke it in their drivers. That wasn't about making something better for their customers. Anyway, after two non-overclocked GTX 580s died on me in less than 2 months it will be a long time before I consider their offerings again.

Edit: another example is Batman: Arkham Asylum. The devs broke in-game FSAA for AMD so you'd have to force it through CCC which is slower...TOMMTI came out with a hack to make it in-game FSAA work on AMD but then you couldn't save your games. Finally, when the "gold" or whatever edition came out, they re-enabled in-game FSAA for AMD.

This is NOT making it better for your customers - it is paying someone to screw over your competitor's customers.
    24 Mar 2011, 11:07
  • 24 Mar 2011, 11:17

hmizer

About physics - that's a company politics, like not working SLI on old Intell mobos - yes that's not user friendly, but no - there is no conspiracy. I'm speaking about that, if there would be proofed that "meant 2 be played" lowers fps on amd adapters - that will be great hit on nv and game developers reputation. And there is no reason to defend amd if they don't care about their customers. I'm using ati cards rather long, but from 10.4 I'm not really pleased with their drivers, they still can't fix all BC2 issues, but I understand that there is no ideal vendors and both of them have their own bugs and glitches.

About dead cards - shit happens), all vendors don't have perfect cards, my last dead card was nv 295 but that's saying nothing about reliability of all nv products.

---
    sry 4 my english.
    24 Mar 2011, 11:27

What about the Batman:AA example I gave (I edited my post so you might have missed it). That was clearly a case of a hobbled game. There are other games that run better if you use A hack to spoof the GPU vendor as well.
    24 Mar 2011, 11:36

can you all please keep the offtopic / general talk about companies and their evil plans OUT of this thread, as it seems it is the OFFICIAL thread for non working SLI / CF and it's a pain in the ass to read through all your offtopic discussions.

much appreciated!
    24 Mar 2011, 11:43

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence