Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • 17 Apr 2012, 03:17
  • Subject: Re: Bringing the Franchise Back to its Glory Days

Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 both have really good but different features but also not-so-good ones; I hope Crysis 3 brings the best of both worlds

Also, I stated this on another thread but it's worth mentioning it here too,
    Please remove the "instant suit mode buttons" (like E for stealth, Q for amour)and force players to use the little selection wheel like in the first game. The wheel takes a lot more skill to use
    17 Apr 2012, 09:05

+ 1 for the circle jump and strafe. While your at it the wall jump from Crysis was a good skill to have.
    For me the original Crysis MP with new maps and built on CryEngine 3 would be the goods.
    17 Apr 2012, 09:48

YoungTalon1995 wrote::O

I beg to differ! Again, learn to circle strafe and strafe jump with the Nanosuit and Crysis Wars is by far outpacing Crysis 2 in terms of speed and intense battles.

Lol i didnt know crysis had strafe/circle jump, this is just priceless information.

What is this, CE is based on IDtech family or what :,D ?

That indeed adds to the skill part but i dont think its that horribly demanding trick (seeing as you cant do constant strafe jump and you dont have to master jumping due to non-chalenging enviroment unlike quake series)

TBH, they must include it in C3, thats gonna make me buy it for PC.
    17 Apr 2012, 10:02

Strafe jumping? Jumping around corners sounds kinda silly to me... How about moar parkour?

Anyways, TL;DR version of my opinion:

--/ The recipe for success - Crysis 3 \--

1. Take a bowl.
    2. Put 50g of brand new C1 sand gravy in the bowl.
    3. Mix it with 50g of compressed and filtered C2 fun-gravy.
    4. Add some new random gravy contents and a few pieces of exotic gums (or flamearms, as some call them).
    5. Profit! Serve hot with a cup of modified tea.

/metaphor
    17 Apr 2012, 15:39

The franchise can return to its glory days if Crytek UK and Nathan (the executive producer of Crysis 2) are not at all involved in the development.

I am still going to support Crytek (better than support epic Dbag cliffy b)
    17 Apr 2012, 16:25

Hyperion110 wrote:Strafe jumping? Jumping around corners sounds kinda silly to me... How about moar parkour?

Anyways, TL;DR version of my opinion:

--/ The recipe for success - Crysis 3 \--

1. Take a bowl.
    2. Put 50g of brand new C1 sand gravy in the bowl.
    3. Mix it with 50g of compressed and filtered C2 fun-gravy.
    4. Add some new random gravy contents and a few pieces of exotic gums (or flamearms, as some call them).
    5. Profit! Serve hot with a cup of modified tea.

/metaphor

It is not jumping around corners. Please watch the video or at least part of it, and you'll see exactly how it works. In fact, in Crysis 1 the wall/strafe/circle jumping tricks allow for a huge amount of parkour, way more than allowed in Crysis 2.

@ The Wonder Boy: Yeah, the mechanics of the jumps in the original Nanosuit is very similar to the Quake jumps. It's a shame that the Nanosuit 2 was "enhanced" to not allow for any of these tricks, which really improved the gameplay.

@ Emperor: I agree completely. Crytek UK must not touch Crysis 3 in any way at all.
    17 Apr 2012, 20:12

M4dn3ss wrote:Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 both have really good but different features but also not-so-good ones; I hope Crysis 3 brings the best of both worlds

Please remove the "instant suit mode buttons" (like E for stealth, Q for amour)and force players to use the little selection wheel like in the first game. The wheel takes a lot more skill to use

Well i prefer the instant suit mode buttons A LOT more that the wheel.Its waaay more confortable.
    17 Apr 2012, 22:19

Nico_parasite wrote:
    M4dn3ss wrote:Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 both have really good but different features but also not-so-good ones; I hope Crysis 3 brings the best of both worlds

Well i prefer the instant suit mode buttons A LOT more that the wheel.Its waaay more confortable.

There were suit mode hotkeys in Crysis 1, but I do think that the suit wheel is easier to use than the keyboard. Maybe it is because I'm used to it...

At any rate, I think it would be great if they gave both suit mode buttons and the mouse wheel radial in the multiplayer of Crysis 3, because it really helped to make Crysis 2 Multiplayer lacking for the franchise veterans.
    17 Apr 2012, 22:43

I agree with you Talon - I too cannot use my real username "DualFever" so I've had to use this DualFeverr as close as I could get.

I agree with your whole first post.
    Although I do believe they brought a nice fluidness into Crysis 2 with grabbing the edge of buildings and sliding, these look and feel good; cinematic almost.

Agree with the skill aswell, anyone that played C1 would know only skilled players should win. Thats how a game should be IMO.

To the mouse wheel / button I would say I used the mouse wheel the whole time and it has its advantages/disadvantages. Firstly its not instant, this is can be advantageous.
    If you have just clicked down onto the middle button and the situation has changed(as it can very quickly) you can release on another icon(suit mode), whilst still using your keyboard to dodge etc.

Not to hijack your thread Talon but I posted a few things from C1 that were not in C2, that I felt were things that actually made C2 worse.
    Return these from Crysis Wars then I'm in...
    https://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=45080

-Dual
    17 Apr 2012, 23:12

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence