Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*

Do you want crytek to make retaliation map pack free to download for Crysis 2?

YES
78%
NO
22%

Total votes : 18

• Author
  • Subject: Retaliation for free.

Retaliation should be free so more people will play on those maps more often.
    10 Feb 2013, 19:52
  • Subject: Re: Retaliation for free.

All map packs, nobody is gonna buy them anymore with C3 coming soon and C2s low player count :P All the maps should get added to the map rotation
    10 Feb 2013, 19:59

If they do so, they should give everybody who bought Retaliation their money back. Otherwise, it would be pissing on their paying customers. Even though I hate having bought DLC which I can't play because there isn't any people on it, I would hate it even more if I bought DLC that after some time would become free to everybody. I don't know, might just be me that feels this way.
    11 Feb 2013, 01:50

InfamousTones wrote:If they do so, they should give everybody who bought Retaliation their money back. Otherwise, it would be pissing on their paying customers. Even though I hate having bought DLC which I can't play because there isn't any people on it, I would hate it even more if I bought DLC that after some time would become free to everybody. I don't know, might just be me that feels this way.

I know what you mean, they can't do it when people have bought them, unless they make a system for those who bought them that gives them a discount on DLC for crysis 3 for example, otherwise they will remain priced.
    11 Feb 2013, 17:49

There are legal parameters they have to abide too also that will prevent them from distributing a free product that was once priced. If you have heard of Star Wars the old republic MMO that has recently turned free-to-play due to lack of subscribers, but those who have subscribed get special discounts on offers etc.
    11 Feb 2013, 17:52

I FibreOptic I wrote:There are legal parameters they have to abide too also that will prevent them from distributing a free product that was once priced. If you have heard of Star Wars the old republic MMO that has recently turned free-to-play due to lack of subscribers, but those who have subscribed get special discounts on offers etc.

Gears of War had paid DLC which soon became free :)
    11 Feb 2013, 17:54

DanTheGamer11 wrote:

Which one and what? I'm sure if they did Like i said they would have to do something for the ones who paid for it.
    11 Feb 2013, 17:59

I FibreOptic I wrote:There are legal parameters they have to abide too also that will prevent them from distributing a free product that was once priced. If you have heard of Star Wars the old republic MMO that has recently turned free-to-play due to lack of subscribers, but those who have subscribed get special discounts on offers etc.

My point exactly :-)
    11 Feb 2013, 17:59
  • 11 Feb 2013, 18:11

DanTheGamer11 wrote:
    I FibreOptic I wrote:
    DanTheGamer11 wrote:

Which one and what? I'm sure if they did Like i said they would have to do something for the ones who paid for it.

Both packs :P Nope.
    http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Gears_of_War/Map_packs

So what the fuck happened to those who bought them? hmmmmmm, well I suppose the ones who did buy it got it 4 months before the ones who didn't....but still in this case Crysis 2 had barely anyone buy them so the ones who did didn't get there moneys worth.
    11 Feb 2013, 18:17

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence