Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Changes to playlist coming! [Updated 23/6]

[Updated 23/6/2011]

Thanks to all of your feedback we have now updated our play lists once again in an attempt to speed up the mach making process and optimize your gameplay experience. We are very interested in your feedback for this new update so please post below and let us know what you think!

Team Instant Action

· Standard
    · New Recruits
    · Remove “Classic” and “Pro”

Instant Action

· Standard
    · New Recruits

Crash Site

· Standard

Onslaught (Capture The Relay, Extraction, Assault)

· Standard
    · Remove “Pro” variant

Retaliation Instant Action

· Standard
    · Made this IA only based on community feedback

Retaliation Team (TIA, Crash Site, Capture The Relay, Extraction, Assault)

· Standard
    · Added TIA to keep playlist numbers reduced

Decimation Instant Action

· Standard
    · Made this IA only based on community feedback

Decimation Team (TIA, Crash Site, Capture The Relay, Extraction, Assault)

· Standard
    · Added TIA to keep playlist numbers reduced

These changes will affect both PS3 and Xbox 360 players.

- MyCrysis Team
    17 Jun 2011, 19:08
  • Subject: Re: Changes to playlist coming!

Tom,

I would get rid of Pro and Classic all together. You can leave them in private matches, but they are not an interest to many players who are just learning how to play Crysis 2. Thanks!

Solution:

I was thinking about what MW2 did with their Map Packs. If the host have the map pack, it would put the new maps in rotation. It gives those that did not buy the maps a taste of the new maps to buy the DLC so they can see them more often. Just like the new gun. If it is picked up by someone in the standard maps, they may like the feel of the new gun to buy the map pack. You may start with Decimation being separate at first but the Retaliation should be drop from the separation once another DLC arrives. Having all these dividers will cause more problems for Matchmaking and piss off more players when they finally buy the DLC, and nobody is in the older DLC to play them. There should only be two dividers at any given time (Standard and the newer DLC).
    17 Jun 2011, 19:56

Please find a way to COMBINE the maps...look how long that list is. Plus is there a way to add a random option for the map selection/at least randomize the maps so the pairs always change?

Or at least separate Crash Site on the DLC packs like the Main Playlists. And what is with joining IA with TIA? We are supposed to play against our Squad in IA?

I am not sure what these playlists actually change??

Thanks.
    17 Jun 2011, 20:07

Reduce the loading time of the waiting lobby 1min to 30secs and the loading wait when the game starts. Like Fast Rounds
    17 Jun 2011, 20:30

Sa1R3d Wa1ka wrote:Reduce the loading time of the waiting lobby 1min to 30secs and the loading wait when the game starts. Like Fast Rounds

I agree with that, but I hate when there are not enough time for teams to form, and it ends up splitting your party. Crytek needs to fix this, so that it waits for others to join when there is a party.
    17 Jun 2011, 20:34

Sia109 wrote:Please find a way to COMBINE the maps...look how long that list is.

Or at least separate Crash Site on the DLC packs like the Main Playlists. And what if with joining IA with TIA?

I am not sure what these playlists actually change??

THis^

Plus we as a community would like a random function. Just another vote that can be cast. Thats all. Thanks.

Ok Had to edit my post because upon review it looks like CS is already separate under the Onslaught category. Or is the layout of Cry-Toms post just throwing me off? It looks like ONSLAUGHT is now a Category with Action Category and it is no longer a mode with CS, Ex, ASS & CTR all together. Or am I readying it wrong?

If so then awesome.
    17 Jun 2011, 20:34

Sia109 wrote:Please find a way to COMBINE the maps...look how long that list is. Plus is there a way to add a random option for the map selection/at least randomize the maps so the pairs always change?

This is a must.

I mostly play Crash Site and the first two maps are always Downed Bird and Wall Street.

Downed Bird rarely gets picked and due to having to start a fresh lobby because of failed host migrations, splitting parties, and general repartying due to horribly laggy games, I must have played Wall Street a frapillion times!
    17 Jun 2011, 21:29
  • 17 Jun 2011, 22:23

Not sure I like that IA and TIA are combined on the DLCs...
    I like that extraction/assault/CTR are combined on the main playlist, those seem to go well together, but I could imagine there would be some who wouldn't like it.

If you have to keep the OG maps, 1st DLC, and 2nd DLC maps all separate (hopefully one day they'll be able to be combined...), why not have the three map packs as selectable "zones", then players could select which game type they'd like to play within that "zone"?
    i.e. I could select zone b- Retaliation. once in there I could pick IA, TIA, CS, or Onslaught game types.

I also agree with the post regarding pro and classic modes.
    17 Jun 2011, 23:00

What kind of changes are these? Because i really don't see any. And why is that list still so damn long? Is that a joke? And lastly why don't the changes encompass combining the already existing DLC with the original maps? That should be paramount before releasing a new DLC in the first place OR re-editing ANY playlist at all. People are complaining that the servers are empty. And rightfully so. What dickhead is gonna switch playlists entirely only to play 4 maps on a single game type? Are you kidding me? Has anyone at Crytek even played a MP game with DLC before? I doubt it; no multiplayer game managing skills whatsoever. Hell, the bugs alone make me want to get pieces of my family in the mail before I put the damn disc in (oh, my stats were reset TWICE before lvl 50 btw). But that glitch is still running rampant like bird flu in a hen house. Get it together. This game has too much potential. And right now I'm thinking that potential is all this game has. Sad...
    18 Jun 2011, 03:04

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence