Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • 10 Jun 2011, 14:06
  • Subject: Re: Live Update for CTR Boosting

Pein-Lazarus wrote:This is about boosting, why are you expecting something that isn't even mentioned in the OP?...

Mainly because releasing patches takes along time with MS (they have a long certification process) and seriously how hard is it to add code that just checks the amount of weapon unlocks available is correct?? Hell... even I could do that!
    10 Jun 2011, 14:25

000900000249a41a wrote:
    Pein-Lazarus wrote:This is about boosting, why are you expecting something that isn't even mentioned in the OP?...

Mainly because releasing patches takes along time with MS (they have a long certification process) and seriously how hard is it to add code that just checks the amount of weapon unlocks available is correct?? Hell... even I could do that!

Just had a look and this is just a server side patch, not a client patch. Guess that makes it not so bad but still I hope a client patch comes soon!
    10 Jun 2011, 17:28

Not that I'm not thankful that boosting is being, well... hindered, but doesn't removing bonuses seem semi counter-productive in CTR? I mean, it's hard enough to get most of the kill fiends to do objectives, and now they get no reward for actually moving for the relay holder.
    11 Jun 2011, 00:07

I think this is retarded, patched boosting. I was playing this game legit for only 2 hours, because it was pretty bad. Then I boosted it to level 50 to see that Tooled Up achievement glitched. So I needed to go all the way to 50 again. I hope that Crytek patched the bad hit detection, freezing of game, lags, host migrating and so on.

And advice, if you will make good game, then people will not boost it.
    12 Jun 2011, 21:00

I think this was a great decision. I enjoyed playing it this weekend. People who boost are the main ones complaining or never play the objective. I am happy that I am not dropped into a boosting lobby.
    13 Jun 2011, 12:45
  • 13 Jun 2011, 16:25

Bad move. This is not thought out at all. Now defenders get very little reward. A good strategic team needs a good dedicated defender. It should be you get 100xp for returning a flag at with a limit of 3 returns. Boosters are unlimited and can get the 100 xp every few seconds with someone helping them on the opposite team. So they can get around 5000 xp or more in a 5 minute round.
    15 Jun 2011, 01:49

if there wasnt multplayer achievements 90%of the people wouldnt even boost the game.thats the number 1 thing the cod franchise does right.the people who play a multplayer game for well over a 100hrs dont give a shiz about achievements anyway.when i purchase a game i expect to play it however i want.thats why i bought it.by completly changing the rules you originanly put in place you only aknowledge that you didnt know how to make a good multiplayer experiance in the first place.and before im called a cod fanboy please realise this i have exactly 0 hrs on cod multiplayer except what was required to get the multplayer achievements in black ops.also not counting zombies.
    17 Jun 2011, 21:03

Only people who are too lazy to get back to level 50 after prestiging realising that it actually sucks and only gave you a gun camo would do that..
    21 Jun 2011, 19:01

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence