Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: How to record good MP video?

I find 50FPS to be a good compromise, use the fraps custom frame-rate setting to see what works best for your hardware and graphics settings. A second hard-drive or SSD for the stream will also help.

X4 3.2 Black edition / 8gb 1600mhz / GTX550TI 1GB - Frappin @ 1080p.

My results:

25 Dec 2011, 04:14

Try to record using not fraps, but msi afterburner - it's faster. and you should not need to record 60 fps - not needed imho. record at 40 full-size.
    26 Dec 2011, 07:51

i have 1 hdd. it should manage to record at full size with 40 fps, but not 60. trust me - 40 fps is better than 30 :))
    26 Dec 2011, 11:19
  • 26 Dec 2011, 11:28

aw3s0m0 wrote:What kind of spec would i need to record 60fps, full-size? Do i just need faster video card, or do i also need a second hard drive?

A faster video card always helps but the biggest impact on performance is where the video stream is getting written to ie. the hard drive. As long as the drive is reasonably fast ( eg. a WD Caviar Black 2TB 6Gbps SATA III with 64MB cache ) and it's not your system/primary drive and/or Crysis is not installed on it ( ie. it's a secondary drive ), it should do.

Any tips on uploading the video to youtube? (~10mins 40fps full-size video is ~8GB and 60fps half-size video is ~4GB. do i need to resize or convert the videos first?)

See my post in this thread : http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42478

jdb2
    27 Dec 2011, 11:58

aw3s0m0 wrote:Cool thanks for the info dude. :)
    lol now i want fast SSD and HD7970. hehe

I've downloaded that avidemux program you recommended, you edit(size or quality of the recording) the video before uploading to youtube?

Only problem with Avidemux is that you have to concatenate all the parts of the video together which involves first selecting File->Open and then File->Append -- repeat the last step as many times as necessary. It's kind of a pain.

Better yet, put all of the relevant AVI files in a new empty directory/folder, open up a command/shell window/prompt and use this Mencoder command :

Code: Select all
    mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc x264 -lameopts preset=insane -x264encopts crf=18 -ofps 30 -o output.avi "X:\Your Directory\*.avi"

jdb2
    27 Dec 2011, 15:04

aw3s0m0 wrote:Cool thanks again for the info dude, but i didn't get this part.
    jdb2 wrote:Better yet, put all of the relevant AVI files in a new empty directory/folder, open up a command/shell window/prompt and use this Mencoder command :

mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc x264 -lameopts preset=insane -x264encopts crf=18 -ofps 30 -o output.avi "X:\Your Directory\*.avi"

anyway doesn't matter cos i was gonna upload the whole match anyway. :)
    i got 7mins(960x540 res, 60fps) video but its over 3GB in size, do i just upload to youtube as is, or can i decrease the file size?

You need to use some video converter to convert that video to ~100MB file (it maybe turns out even less file size).
    Don't be a fool to upload raw 3GB to YT xD (I'm imagining myself uploading that with my up speed 20kbps lol)

PS. be sure to convert/export that video in some "YT friendly" resolution, like 720x480 (I'm not sure about the exact resolution, but if you miss it, video is not gonna look nice, because YT' will "convert" it)
    27 Dec 2011, 16:46

aw3s0m0 wrote:Cool thanks again for the info dude, but i didn't get this part.
    jdb2 wrote:Better yet, put all of the relevant AVI files in a new empty directory/folder, open up a command/shell window/prompt and use this Mencoder command :

anyway doesn't matter cos i was gonna upload the whole match anyway. :)
    i got 7mins(960x540 res, 60fps) video but its over 3GB in size, do i just upload to youtube as is, or can i decrease the file size?

You can get Mencoder for Windows here : http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#windows

The first link should do.

jdb2
    28 Dec 2011, 04:53

aw3s0m0 wrote:
    jdb2 wrote:You can get Mencoder for Windows here : http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#windows

The first link should do.

Hey ive download the first link(MPlayer-athlon-svn-34401.7z) but how i do actually use the mencoder line?
    i still dont get where i have to type this:
    "mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc x264 -lameopts preset=insane -x264encopts crf=18 -ofps 30 -o output.avi "X:\Your Directory\*.avi""

You have a PM. :)

jdb2
    28 Dec 2011, 13:42

lol even I recorded a video (you guys made me do it) xD
    I play on 1280x800 but I recorded 800x480 on 30fps average
    (software used for recording: BandiCam, for convert: Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6)
    you better check it out (because I uploaded with 20kbps speed xD fuk my life):

I have a question about YT resolutions... Can some experienced youtuber please write down exact widths for YT resolutions? that video of mine is 480p but width is 800 and I feel like something's not right :/
    28 Dec 2011, 19:54

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence