Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Need Technical Support for C2

Hello Community,
    i'm having disturbing issues with Crysis 2 on my Computer.
    My gear should fit the extreme options as it is said in the recommendes system details:

Gainward GTX 560 TI Phantom 2gb
    Intel Core 2 Duo E 7500
    Asus P5QL Pro Motherboard
    8 GB ram

So far so good, but ingame i can only make it go lagfree with all settings on High (lowest) or some on Very High. I'm playing at 1920x1080. I turned ALL the Graphic options down i actually could, but it still works fluently most of the time, yes, but sometimes, when there's a lot of smoke or dust, its having some FPS issues.
    Kinda disturbing to be unable to enjoy the game at all with the right specs. I maybe see the problem in my Proccessor, it could block some power the Graphic chip could unleash.

If you need more Info, i got a dxdiag file ready here
    18 Jul 2012, 22:17
  • 18 Jul 2012, 23:31
  • Subject: Re: Need Technical Support for C2

Well, im at the point now where the bridge was destroyed due to an earthquake, you know with the dusty air.

Got 25-30 Fps on lowest settings, 15 or less on Ultra.
    19 Jul 2012, 13:00

Just a quick addition, tried crysis 1, which is said to need nearly better specs than the second one, and it runs smoothly on max details with around 35 fps
    19 Jul 2012, 15:09

Do you have the DX11 and High Res pack installed? That could cause the lagg... If you have, just disable DX11 in the options!
    19 Jul 2012, 15:23

This actually helped a little, improves my FPS overall about 7-10, but it still doesnt make the game enjoyable on extreme /ultra
    19 Jul 2012, 15:32

mrsossenbinder wrote:This actually helped a little, improves my FPS overall about 7-10, but it still doesnt make the game enjoyable on extreme /ultra

Then disable High Res also...
    19 Jul 2012, 15:35

Hi mrsossenbinder,

As TSAndrey If you have DX11 and High Res pack installed then for optimised performence its best that you turn them off as well as v-sync if that is on then its best to switch it off. Please also ensure that you have the latest Nvidia driver which can be found here: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/45053

You might also want to delete your temp files as a source of pc clean up but try other things before doing this as this may not be needed.
    19 Jul 2012, 15:37

High resolution is disabled as well, but still no lagfree playing on better graphic

edit: won't update to the 301.xx for my card, i got the last one as im having issues with the latest one. It crashes my fps after some playing to like 3 fps until i restart my computer. Will wait for the next driver update they throw out
    19 Jul 2012, 15:46

as the other guys mention try running with dx11 & hi-res with v-sync off. now if you aren't getting better FPS then lower your setting. It looks like your core 2 duo is bottle-necking your 560ti. I'm assuming your GPU isn't running at 100% right and if you know how to OC then bump it up a bit. Using the script from Blutaar or adjusting the cvar with only net you a few FPS but I think your hardware is the problem. I'm running 2x EVGA 5803gb HC Classified with an i7-2600k @4.6 and at best 50-70fps on a 120hz moniter using ultra, dx11, and hi-res but with it off and on high setting I get 120+. Hope this helps you out.

give this 285.62 driver a try http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

and here is a comparison of your cpu to a i7-2600k
    http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/582/In ... 2600K.html
    19 Jul 2012, 17:54

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence