Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • 04 Dec 2011, 08:30
  • Subject: Re: Is Frostbite 2 better than cryengine 3

SLI-756 wrote:
    anirocks263 wrote:And truly Battlefield 3;s graphics are amazing.
    I am not just going on the fps.

Amazing? Doncha mean washed out?
    Here, this is what amazing looks like>

:O...
    04 Dec 2011, 08:39

WalterWhite1337 wrote:
    anirocks263 wrote:In simple words i believe yes. Guys this is only a comparision between what has been achieved by them till now. I am not talking about true potential as i dont know which is better in that.

Here is a video proving frostbite 2 better than cryengine 3

http://www.youtube.com/user/motherboardsorg#p/u/22/8UoZ27MXt_0
    This video is not made by me and is a video by motherboards.org

Battlefield 3 has better than crysis 2. C in crysis 2 is small because i dont respect crysis 2. But this proves Battlefield 3 graphics are superior to Crysis 1 as at 2560x1600 with a system having 2 mars 2,48gb ram, intel 990x which can run Crysis at full but when it runs Battlefield 3 it comes to its knees. So till now with what has been made by the two engines proves that Frostbite 2 is far superieor to cryengine 3 in everything

BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS BETTER THAN CRYSIS 2??

DO YOU WANNA DDIIIIEEEE????

LOL JK JK
    04 Dec 2011, 12:07
  • 04 Dec 2011, 12:34
  • 04 Dec 2011, 12:37

TSAndrey wrote:Battlefield 3 has better graphics then Crysis 2, but that doesn't mean that Frostbite 2 is better then Cryengine 3

Hi Andrey, sure you're probably right BF3 is better lookin' than Crysis 2, but it sure as hell ain't better lookin than C2 dx11 Ultra, come on now! ;P the particles have there own shadows ffs! :p
    At the risk of sounding like a complete dick you gotta see both games maxed to judge.
    04 Dec 2011, 18:37
  • 04 Dec 2011, 20:41
  • 04 Dec 2011, 21:26

anirocks263 wrote:
    SDub wrote:
    anirocks263 wrote:Third that 10k system can run crysis on 2560x1600 with everything maxed out

1. That wasn't shown anywhere in the video. Either you're assuming, citing a source that doesn't exist, or citing a source that you didn't post in your original topic.

2. Even if #1 was true, that means nothing and this is why: Engines like CE3 and Frostbite 2 can be inefficient to a certain degree. CE3 I know for a fact is a massively efficient engine because it can run 30 FPS+ on netbooks, and as everyone knows, netbooks have horrible hardware. So there's a completely obvious assumption that Frostbite 2 was just coded poorly and stresses your system more. Where's your proof against that?

I still am raging in the US.

It is said in the video "Come on guys this is a $10k system"
    See the video carefully and read the synopsis about it. And " know for a fact is a massively efficient engine because it can run 30 FPS+ on netbooks, and as everyone knows" this is wrong crysis 2 does not run on a netbook giving 30+fps. And truly Battlefield 3;s graphics are amazing.

Youve got to be kidding?

know for a fact is a massively efficient engine because it can run 30 FPS+ on netbooks, and as everyone knows" this is wrong crysis 2 does not run on a netbook giving 30+fps

it cant be...

And truly Battlefield 3;s graphics are amazing.

are you joking??

and because you were uberly fail
    ill give you this cookie bro..
    05 Dec 2011, 19:10

Hi everyone, I know you must all be a little butthurt, but while cryengine is amazing, frostbite 2 can indeed acheive much more, and DOES produce better graphics. At least Battlefield 3 on a good PC, has better graphics than cryengine. Before you start spamming me, the graphics are better, but not by THAT much at all. Battlefield 3 is currently THE BEST GRAPHIC GAME TO DATE, and that's a fact, ask anyone( who isn't on this site, 'cause they like crysis, so obviously they'll defend it) and they'll agree. The only real graphical advantage, isn't really grapghics related, but in battlefield 3, you can't see your own shadow. Crytek will have to make another new engine to reclaim their title as the king of graphics. And remember, I love crysis just as much as anyone else here. (well except for it's few bugs, or at least the few bugs I have) But cryengine MIGHT have better lighting...
    06 Dec 2011, 00:27

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence