Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Blurry Graphic on PC

Why Crysis 2 graphic is so blurry and it looks so UGLY on objects far away from the player??? Crysis 1 was sharp like a blade in comparison. Also I have played Portal 2 yesterday which has extremely sharp graphics on PC, especially later in the game maps are huge but you still can see everything sharp. I don't know about Portal 2 Xbox or Ps3 versions how they look but still if this game is on all 3 platforms and on PC looks as it should why Crysis 2 PC version looks so HORRIBLE???
    27 Apr 2011, 18:26
  • 27 Apr 2011, 18:30
  • 27 Apr 2011, 18:36
  • 27 Apr 2011, 19:00
  • Subject: Re: Blurry Graphic on PC

I believe you are talking about nvidia FXAA which only works on nvidia cards (ofcourse) in extreme spec.
    just open up the in-game console while you are playing and type "r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV 0" without the quotes, then see if the blur is gone.
    27 Apr 2011, 19:16

SLI-756 wrote:
    tx00824 wrote:Why Crysis 2 graphic is so blurry and it looks so UGLY on objects far away from the player...

This should work in MP as well as the campaign, i take away blur and all the AA +AF.

Advanced Graphics Options Application
    http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=33008

Get it here>> http://www.mediafire.com/?bj65ya2w0e84e3b

You need glasses. THIS does NOT work in MP at all. Only Single Player. AUTOEXE.CFG are locked out in MP. You can't use them in MP. proof? I tried these long time ago and they don't even work in MP.
    27 Apr 2011, 19:56

The Crytek homebrew PostMSAA makes up for alot of the bluriness. Next thing would ofc be DepthOfField.

just add "+r_DepthOfField=0" to the start parameters (without the "") and put r_PostMSAA=0 into the autoexec.cfg

But be warned the graphics might turn a little "flashy" due to bright reflections on edges which are not properly AA'd.
    What you want to do then is activate some true AA, but how that is done is depending on your graphics card manufacturer and also I am too lazy to elaborate on this. Google is your friend on this one.

DepthOfField can't be disabled in multiplayer and r_PostMSAA might be overwritten by the multiplayer mapload - you just have to reload the config in this case.
    Just add
    bind "f6" "exec autoexec.cfg"
    to your autoexec.cfg and press f6 whenever you feel like it.
    Works with alot if not all cvar changes.

have fun
    27 Apr 2011, 20:06

pcnuttie wrote:You need glasses. THIS does NOT work in MP at all. Only Single Player. AUTOEXE.CFG are locked out in MP. You can't use them in MP. proof? I tried these long time ago and they don't even work in MP.

you are incorrect. MP just overwrites alot of cvar changes that have been executed via the autoexec.cfg - saying that the autoexec.cfg is locked out in MP is wrong. You actually can reapply the changes by reexecuting it.
    27 Apr 2011, 20:09

Nice to know, but most CVARS are displayed as unknown command so reexecuting it could mean "unknown command" again.
    27 Apr 2011, 20:12

yup thats crytek's msaa.....remember guys consoles can only do msaa with little loss of performance
    27 Apr 2011, 20:14

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence