Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: DX11 Patch confirmed?

Having heard the rumours I tried to chase down what the actual story was:

MaximumPC 27/3/2011
    http://www.maximumpc.com/article/crysis ... d_tomorrow

Crysis 2 has been taking quite a bit of heat around the web for a perceived lack of PC polish, and while much of this criticism is unjustified, the release of a new patch tomorrow should help bridge the gap for offended enthusiasts. According to a German website (and now confirmed by Crytek), DirectX 11 support is being patched in as of tomorrow, along with a new “Advanced Graphics menu” for those who like to tweak the special effects for maximum performance.

Crysis 2 did a pretty amazing job of showing us what is still possible in DirectX9, but lets face it, if your GPU supports tessellation, you’re probably an enthusiast who isn’t known for being particularly reasonable about your demands, and that’s why we love you!

If you were looking for a DirectX 11 killer app this just might be it. You can call it a console port if you like, but this latest update will ensure Crysis 2 will be making PC’s across the globe groan for years to come.

If true then where's is the official confirmation?
    28 Mar 2011, 15:43
  • 28 Mar 2011, 15:45
  • Subject: Re: DX11 Patch confirmed?

I don't think so the post was from 27/03 and it said tomorow. Tomorow is today = 28/03.
    Means it should be here today. Not tomorow.

I think its kinda a joke =) I'll be happy if its true but atm i don't put my hopes up yet
    28 Mar 2011, 15:50
  • 28 Mar 2011, 15:50
  • 28 Mar 2011, 15:51
  • Subject: Re: DX11 Patch confirmed?

No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine.
    28 Mar 2011, 15:53

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence