Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Crysis 2 Multi GPU support causes insane flickering.

I am averaging 50-60 FPS with one GPU, but hey I paid for two so I would like to be able to use both.

I remember getting SLI to work on the demo with the SLI config Nvidia released, but unfortunately the game flickered so badly that It was going to give me a seisure If I had played it for more then five minutes.

After the demo patch came out, the flickering stopped, but the SLI broke again.

I am getting 55-60 FPS on my one GTX480 which isn't bad at all, but I want both to work. If I turn Vsync on, then I lose the flickering but gain ghosting that overlaps my previous image with my current one.

I have tried every driver, SLI config and the EVGA SLI enhancer and nothing seems to fix this issue.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Here is a vid of how bad my flickering is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp4Pvg3KpgQ

Update. Flickering fixed

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a heads up that my flickering has been fixed thanks to a few people from MyCrysis.

Here is a link to the fix that worked for me. Thanks for the help.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13689

100+ FPS with zero flickering. SLI enabled and both GPU's 100% in use.

This might not work for everyone, but recommend trying it. Worst that can happen is you will have wasted a few minutes of your time.
    22 Mar 2011, 20:47
  • 22 Mar 2011, 20:51
  • 22 Mar 2011, 20:52
  • 22 Mar 2011, 21:02
  • 22 Mar 2011, 21:06
  • 22 Mar 2011, 21:08
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 2 SLI is causing insane flickering.

I was really hoping that this was going to be fixed by the time it launched, but It looks like only Nvidia and AMD can fix this with driver updates. REAL ONES. I have tried the current ones that support Crysis 2 and I would prefer not to die of a stroke thank you very much.
    22 Mar 2011, 21:09
  • 22 Mar 2011, 21:16
  • 22 Mar 2011, 21:23
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 2 SLI is causing insane flickering.

running on a 5970 11.2 drivers, game is unplayable with all this flickering, anywhere there is a bloom effect it flickers like crazy, specially when going outside in intro level. come on crytek first I cant even play the MP cuz my serial code is in use and now I cant play the SP...
    22 Mar 2011, 21:29

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence