Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Combinining 2 SATA HDD

hi guys, today i got samsung ssd 256gb and a seagate sata 750gb hdds.
    the problem is, i installed just yet win7 on the ssd, but win doesnt recognize the sata hdd. bios (uefi) does recogniz it. what i have to do if i want windows recognizing both SATA hdds?
    03 Feb 2012, 22:19
  • 03 Feb 2012, 23:05
  • 03 Feb 2012, 23:23
  • Subject: Re: Combinining 2 SATA HDD

soofi wrote:check jumpers settings for both.one must be on master and other on secondary or slave

ok the next quest: i dont know why, but i downloaded nvidia driver, and sometimes i lost screen. though thought, its not new, just from last year, october. i reinstalled win 7 withput graphick driver, just to look if driver causes screen losing.
    so if its driver, what can i do? if not what is it then?
    i hate this, always if i make something new on pc, a problem comes...

EDIT: to have it on detail: i have samsung ssd 830series 256gb and seagate barracuda 7200.12 series 750gb. on the seagate site i know there is no master-slave-dependence between SATA-HDDs.
    jumpers are just there for dumping down the bitrate to 150.
    so whats the problem win7-64bit does recognize my SSD but not the seagate? just the win7-setup does recognize both.
    04 Feb 2012, 02:10

when you lost screen?i mean while loading any game or just in windows?and do you have jumpers on samsung side then?you said both are satas, right?
    04 Feb 2012, 09:15

soofi wrote:when you lost screen?i mean while loading any game or just in windows?and do you have jumpers on samsung side then?you said both are satas, right?

i lose screen in this way: sometimes randomly, screens is going away and after few seconds coming back. windows says something like that after a mistake the driver version 2xx.xx (the actual newest nvidia driver) is restored something like that. yesterday i made windows index and my gpu had ony 6, before he had over 7. could play crysis 2 a bit and then lost screen. now i dont use nvidia driver.

yes both are sata 3 (6Gbit/s). the ssd hasnt jumper, the hdd has 4-pin in a line connection (instead of 8-pin how earlier). these are just for droping/dumping/decreasing the transfer-rate too 3 or 1.5 gbit/s. there isnt master-slave-dependence anymore. what i read is soemthing like ahci mode in bios. i will now try it, maybe then i get shown 2 hdds and i hope it will solve gpu-driver problem too.
    i will report after installing win again.
    04 Feb 2012, 22:42

ok, i installed win7 in ahci mode and it doesnt help. still doesnt show both satas.

in diverse forums, i just read them and am not member of them, they just say easily kind of that: INSTALL IT ON AHCI MODE, DOESNT MATTER WHICH HDD IS CONNECTED ON WHICH SATA-PORT.
    05 Feb 2012, 01:39

First of all do you see seagate hdd in bios? If not try another cable and another sata port. If it didnt help, your hdd seems to be dead. If yes, problem is that hdd has no partitions and format and windows doesnt show discs fithout format so you have to format it via control panel and administration (i dont know how its exactly called in english version of windows :-))

About your problems with grahic i think its problem of drivers cos i had it once few days back also (i never saw that before). It happened when i clicked in firefox to facebook link :D After few seconds of black screen monitor displayed everything back and i saw message that graphic driver stopped working.
    05 Feb 2012, 20:14

beazty wrote:First of all do you see seagate hdd in bios? If not try another cable and another sata port. If it didnt help, your hdd seems to be dead. If yes, problem is that hdd has no partitions and format and windows doesnt show discs fithout format so you have to format it via control panel and administration (i dont know how its exactly called in english version of windows :-))

About your problems with grahic i think its problem of drivers cos i had it once few days back also (i never saw that before). It happened when i clicked in firefox to facebook link :D After few seconds of black screen monitor displayed everything back and i saw message that graphic driver stopped working.

bios recognizes everything. today i started a new try. first i closes seagate in bios, then win7, he does although i closed seagate via bios both hdds. then i shut the pc, disconnected the cable for seagate, and everything worked fine without the seagate. after the stress i thought now i gonna play a bit, now i think i try connect seagate again and look for working.
    05 Feb 2012, 21:04

ok, now it seems to work everything fine. so i come to the result, if u want to install win7 totally new with ssd and hdd, then i had to connect cables only for my ssd, install win7 then shut pc down, connect cables for hdd, checked in bios first, and worked. no graphic problem anymore, windows index 7.9 for graphic (i know not really a real bench, but before i had just 6 for gpu).
    btw, lol even my core-i7 2600k with its 3.4ghz is the worst with 7.6 win-index:D
    05 Feb 2012, 21:53

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence