Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Re: (Possible) Crysis 2 PC Requirements Revealed

Hi guys,

These minimum specs are not official or final, we'll have an announcement about this soon. Please note if you didn't hear it from me/see it on MyCrysis, then it's not official :)
    02 Feb 2011, 18:39
  • 02 Feb 2011, 18:39
  • 02 Feb 2011, 18:42

This is definitely not minimum. If consoles can run Crysis 2, but weren't able to run the original Crysis, then why would the system requirements be higher? There are three conclusions I can draw from this:

1) These are not the actual minimum system requirements.

2) These are the actual minimum system requirements, but they're overestimated.

3) These are the actual minimum system requirements and Crytek screwed up the PC version.

Crytek is really good at optimization, so I doubt it's #3, but I guess it's possible since they're focusing so hard on the Xbox 360 version.
    02 Feb 2011, 18:43

Cry-Tom wrote:Hi guys,

These minimum specs are not official or final, we'll have an announcement about this soon. Please note if you didn't hear it from me/see it on MyCrysis, then it's not official :)

Thanks for letting us know :)

And besides, as long as they let us make our own configs, it should all be ok =)
    02 Feb 2011, 19:44
  • 02 Feb 2011, 20:50

I have a feeling they are high because Crytek is basing the minimum requirements on running Crysis 2 at a console like level on the PC.

I think you could go with lower hardware and still be safe, just not able to play at a console level.

But anyway, who still has anything lower than those requirements anyway? ^-^
    02 Feb 2011, 22:46

Cry-Tom wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks a lot, Cry-Tom,
    There you have it, an official statement from Crytek, let's just continue our discussions, okay.
    03 Feb 2011, 03:44

Internet connection required for installation..

Why? This means that if I want to play the game 8 years from now and your servers are down I need to start using cracks. And it's not like this protection will help against piracy. Everybody knows that the crack will probably be available from day one. It only make the games more expensive because of the rights for using the DRM. It will really only bug the buyers, everybody knows that.

If it is still possible to drop this, please do. Tell EA to put the DRM where the sun does not shine.

Then about other specs, also in general:

What would people suggest? GTX295 or GTX460 1GB?
    People experience with those cards and Crysis 1?
    On what settings can the run what frame rates?
    Ultra high an option with either of these cards?

What would be necessary to run Crysis 1 on Ultra High 1920 X 1200 4xAA 60fps? (With the hardware I have now I can’t run Crysis 1 at very high)
    I refer to Crysis 1 because if that will run then Crysis 2 will also run I think.
    03 Feb 2011, 08:57

DEFCON-Zero wrote:Internet connection required for installation..

Why? This means that if I want to play the game 8 years from now and your servers are down I need to start using cracks. And it's not like this protection will help against piracy. Everybody knows that the crack will probably be available from day one. It only make the games more expensive because of the rights for using the DRM. It will really only bug the buyers, everybody knows that.

If it is still possible to drop this, please do. Tell EA to put the DRM where the sun does not shine.

Then about other specs, also in general:

What would people suggest? GTX295 or GTX460 1GB?
    People experience with those cards and Crysis 1?
    On what settings can the run what frame rates?
    Ultra high an option with either of these cards?

What would be necessary to run Crysis 1 on Ultra High 1920 X 1200 4xAA 60fps? (With the hardware I have now I can’t run Crysis 1 at very high)
    I prefer to Crysis 1 because if that will run then Crysis 2 will also run I think.

I think, when they meant by internet required for installation, (if the spec requirements were ever true) it's just for activation. Crytek wouldn't disappoint their gamers like that, their smart enough to know how to protect their game.
    03 Feb 2011, 09:09

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence