Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Crysis 1 & Warhead activation limit increased

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that with the recent revealing of Crysis 3, and lots of people deciding to dust off their old Crysis 1 disks, we have increased the activation limit on Crysis 1 and Warhead from 5 to 50!

So if you were one of the unlucky few that hit the installation cap and stopped playing, now is your chance to re-install and jump back into the frey and kick some ass, vintage Nanosuit style.

Troubleshooting: If you have any issues re-activating your copy of Crysis/Warhead, please get in contact with EA support who can be found here; https://help.ea.com
    21 May 2012, 11:46
  • 23 May 2012, 23:46
  • 26 May 2012, 13:57
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 1 activation limit increased!

First of all, why should there by any limit!!! As long as we have the fisical Hard disc and a valid key for A game, there should be 0 limit. I mean come on now, some spend god money, to get the special or limited edition copy of A game and then we are told that if we want to upgrade our Rig or just simply do a good house cleaning & Reformat the HDD so everthing is freshly installed. That Oh well your Poo out of luck to bad you spent all that money on your game, you can't install and play it when ever you like.

If someone is found to be doing something they should not then, that person and only that person should held acountable. And yes they can tell, now days with the way they force you stay logged in just to play A game, but that is another issue and topic.
    29 May 2012, 14:27

A couple of things - Crysis was released in 2007 and was cracked the day it came out, couple that with the activation limit of 50 there doesn't seem to be any point in having an activation limit at all anymore. Why not just remove the activation limit all together?
    30 May 2012, 02:01

Crytek, your Steam Community will be very pleased if you would delete 3rd-party DRM from Steam version of Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Now it is a burden for us as license users, while it can't do what it was created for. Also, Steam is a DRM, so there is no need in another one. This will make life of Crysis's fans easier, when there will not be a need to care about how many activations had left.
    Deletion of 3rd-party DRM isn't a difficult thing, however many people will say thanks for this.
    Furthermore I saw people on forums that don't want to buy Crysis on Steam only because of SecuROM, so it's deletion will be good for us all. That would be a good continue of Crysis 2's returning into Steam for what you have my special thanks! :)
    31 May 2012, 19:30
  • 04 Jun 2012, 11:10
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 1 & Warhead activation limit increased!

Does this also apply to downloaded versions, for example the Amazon DD version of Crysis Maximum? I would have bought it 3 days ago but I am wary of the DRM. If it is indeed changed to 50 for the Amazon digital version I will purchase it within the hour.
    06 Jun 2012, 18:17
  • 12 Jun 2012, 09:21
  • Subject: Re: Crysis 1 & Warhead activation limit increased!

Tom i need your help. just found out about crysis. i have a ps3 so i wanted to get crysis1 since i like to start at the begining of a series. how in the hek do you get this. the people at gamestop don't no jack. looked up crytek site and found something about a download for it, but no info on how to get it. can u help or what.
    12 Jun 2012, 21:59

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence