Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • Subject: Will we ever finish the fight by going back to the island?

I was a massive fan of the storyline in the crysis 1 single player, it was captivating and beautiful right down to the smallest minute detail like how the aliens used ice as weaponry.

Warhead was equally amazing, yet the storyline from crysis 1 really stood out.

And then came crysis 2 single player, which left me very confused, starting with prophet dying..
    First off why did he have to die, that's a bitch with regards to continuity and goodfeel about the story and it's characters.. Why not just give alcatraz his own damn suit? What gives..

He was a hero in crysis 1 going back to the island with nomad. And then crysis 2.. new aliens, nothing about the island, and starting out with killing one of the heroes from crysis 1. And no word of nomad either. It left me very very confused.

Personally i would love to see crysis 3 single player be the return to the island to see what happened with prophet and nomad.. One only has to play through cry 1 single player to realize it is the coolest in the series. The suspense and the gradual intensity and the reveal of the alien spacechip was really something.
    11 Dec 2011, 23:11
  • 12 Dec 2011, 08:59
  • 14 Dec 2011, 21:21
  • Subject: Re: Will we ever finish the fight by going back to the islan

KaaliDaas wrote:What the fu*k? Nomad dies? Who the hell wrote this thing? Killing off a major protagonist... ****.

Actually the guy responsible for the mini comic series is also the one who wrote the story for Crysis 2 :D
    It's Richard Morgan.
    14 Dec 2011, 22:30

The4orTy67 wrote:
    KaaliDaas wrote:What the fu*k? Nomad dies? Who the hell wrote this thing? Killing off a major protagonist... ****.

Actually the guy responsible for the mini comic series is also the one who wrote the story for Crysis 2 :D
    It's Richard Morgan.

Still, seems pretty lame. What would make up for it is to have a co-op DLC based off of this on all platforms :D. Seems like a fun idea to try as a PC mod at least.
    16 Dec 2011, 10:49

The4orTy67 wrote:Did you not hear anything about the Crysis 6 issue comic series? It tells what happened between Crysis and Crysis 2, the supporting cast of the first Crysis travel back to the island to help prophet.
    Check this out.
    https://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/view ... mad+helena

Oh, wow hahah... That is really, really bad. I'm a bit surprised it took just one person to completely destroy a franchise.

IMO it reads like he had the idea for Crysis 2 and the end of Crysis 1, and tried to fill in the blanks without even considering the possibility that the story for Crysis 2 is what sucked and that is what should've been changed, not Crysis 1's story. It's so sad that most of the story in Crysis 2 just focuses on changing everything we knew and learned about the first game. Way too much political crap and too many useless twists in Crysis 2. Conveniently killing everyone off screen so your own story can be told is so selfish. It reminds me of going from Aliens to Alien 3 for those of you who are familiar with that debacle.
    12 Jan 2012, 16:31
  • 13 Jan 2012, 10:09

I read the comics, and they really aren't that bad.. Time travel is extremely likely when you use portals (irl, theoretically), and it ties up all the loose ends. The best bit is that it means that psycho is still alive, he's always been the best character. I've always had a soft spot for nomad though.. He's so lovable.
    17 Jan 2012, 23:34

Jwimpeney wrote:I read the comics, and they really aren't that bad.. Time travel is extremely likely when you use portals (irl, theoretically), and it ties up all the loose ends. The best bit is that it means that psycho is still alive, he's always been the best character. I've always had a soft spot for nomad though.. He's so lovable.

The comics had a piss poor story, and basically departs from the spirit of Crysis' story entirely. Also, there is nothing in physics to suggest that backwards time travel is possible, only forward time travel can be proven, and that is to a miniscule extent.
    27 Jan 2012, 23:52
  • 01 Feb 2012, 20:41

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence